So you’re smart enough to know that women love getting roses but did you know the type of rose you send can make all the difference? From white roses to red roses and everything in between the meaning of rose colors is as important as the actual flower itself. The tradition of rose color meanings goes back hundreds of years and for the uninitiated here’s a handy list of what each mean and signify.
Take a look to make sure you’re sending the right ones the next time you take a swing at online flower delivery:
The quintessential rose can mean a number of things but most importantly Love with a single red rose being the traditional way to say I Love You. Lesser known meanings of the red rose are Beauty, Courage, Passion, and Respect
A traditional wedding flower, white roses have come to stand for innocent purity and are representative of a happy type of love.
Generally Pink Roses are sent as a way to say Thank You and usually sent as a way to show appreciation or gratitude for something.
Yellow Roses have a long history of expressing friendship and showing that you care. Remember not to ever, ever send a girl you want to make a move on Yellow Roses!
Yes, there are such things as Orange Roses and they are usually sent to show desire or enthusiasm.
Peach Rose – To me the prettiest rose of the bunch pink roses signify appreciation, sincerity, and gratitude.
Lavender roses are a great way to add some different color to a flower bouquet and convey enchantment.
One of the rarer colors, blue roses are not only beautiful but also portray the unattainable, the impossible – just the right rose to send the crush you never thought you had the chance with!
Black Rose – I’ll give you one guess what the black rose means.
Not only do rose colors carry meaning but the number of roses you send also has a secret meaning:
- Single Rose – A dozen roses mean you care enough to spend $60 and are great for the sheer spectacle of the recipient being able to show off the fact that they got a dozen roses but the ultimate gesture of devotion is the simple single rose.
- Two Roses Entwined – When you’re ready to pop the question to the girl of your dreams make sure you’re packing this romantic way to say Marry Me.
- Six Roses – this doesn’t just mean you were too cheap to go with the full dozen, a bouquet of six roses signify a desire to be loved and cherished.
- Eleven Roses – Next time you order a dozen roses make sure to sneak one out to give separately since the magical number eleven assures the receiver they are deeply loved.
- Thirteen Roses – the bakers dozen of roses, aka The Stalker’s Dozen, are usually saved for sending as a secret admirer.
Now that you’re armed with everything you need to know about roses get out there and do your thing! With today’s ease of online flower delivery there’s no excuse to send the perfect gift to that special someone.